Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cricut Cut Swap

I'm participating in my first Cricut cut swap. The theme is winter so I decided to do a snowflake. I used the "When it's Cold Outside" seasonal cartridge to cut the snowflake. The size is 3.5 inches.
After cutting out all 15 snowflakes, I ran them through the Xyron.
I then sprinkled Martha Stewart white glitter onto the snowflakes.
Added blue rhinestones.
I attached the snowflakes to a card with a pop dot and the inside of the card had "The Meaning of the Snowflake" by Holley Gerth typed in it. I'm including the poem below:

The Meaning of the Snowflake
Every new snowflake comes to the earth
as a picture of our Savior's birth
because they are sent from up above
and remind us of God's care and love.
Each one is so intricate and small
because Christ sees the details of us all,
and just as two are never the same
the Lord knows and calls us each by name.
Snowflakes gently cover the world in white
and hide what's unlovely from our sight,
showing us how He covers our sin
and gives us His grace when we come to Him.
So may every snowflake bring Christ to mind
and in every bit of white may you find
a reason to celebrate anew
and a reminder of His love for you.
-Holley Gerth

Thanks for visiting my blog today. My 2nd cricut cut swap is coming up!

2 comments: