Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Imagine/I-Rock Baby Onsies


Hi, it's my day to play on The Sassy Lady blog. Sheila is so sweet to allow me to post on her blog. You will definately want to hop over there and see all the wonderful creations that Sheila and all her talented designer post each day.

I ordered the imagine back in September when HSN had it as the special value of the day. When it came in I was sick and wasn't able to play with it for about three weeks. After opening it up and starting to learn more about it, I fell in love. I wanted to try something different so I started looking around the house and found two baby onsies that needed some attention.


So I thought I would try transferring an image printed by the imagine onto the onsies.


I started by doing a test print onto card stock to make sure I got the sizing correct. The final size I decided on was 2.5 inches.


On the imagine I flipped the image before printing. I printed and cut the images using the Nursery Tails cartridge onto Avery Light Fabric transfer paper purchased at Wal-Mart.


Iron the images onto the onsies with the iron set on cotton setting using dry heat. Allow the image to cool for two minutes and peel off the paper backing.


I wanted some bling so I bought the i-rock heat setting tool. I have to say that the instructions were not quite clear enough for me because I left the heat tool on the stone to long and actually burnt the first one I attempted. After making that mistake I realized that all you really need to do is touch the heat tool to the stone for just a second and remove it. That technique worked much better and I was able to finish applying my bling without any more burns.


This is actually the one that I burnt but you can still see how adorable it turned out.


My second attempt at adding bling worked perfectly.

I had so much fun using my imagine and the i-rock heat tool that I can now think of a thousand things to add bling too. Don't forget to leave me a comment and tell me how you will use this idea and make it your own. Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Becky this is a wonderful project, makes me want the Imagine! I just love what you did. TFS with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo cute.You have so much talent.
    Good luck tomarrow :)
    Anita

    ReplyDelete